Variations of words Jabal, Jabel, Jebal, Jebel, Jbel, Djebel, Jibal, etc. have been used for the Arabic word
"Jah-BAYL" meaning "mountain, hill or slope" (as elevations). The words have been used to name many mountains, places, people, or others:
- Genesis 4:20: "And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents."
- Muadh ibn Jabal
- Jabal al-Tair Island
- Jabel, a German municipality
- Jibal, late 1st-millennium-CE West-Asian realm
- Djebel Babor Nature Reserve, a protected area in Algeria
Mountains and mountainous regions
- Jabal al-Tariq, a.k.a. Rock of Gibraltar
- Jabal al-Thawr
- Jabal al-Nour, "Mountain of Light"
- Jabal Jur,Bingöl
- Jebel Al Jais - in Ras Al Khaimah
- Jebel Akhdar (Libya) - "Green Mountain"
- Jebel Akhdar (Oman) - "Green Mountain"
- Jebel Barkal
- Jebel Bishri - in Syria
- Jebel Hafeet - in United Arab Emirates & Oman
- Jebel Mgoun - 2nd highest peak in North Africa
- Jebel Musa - north tip of Morocco, opposite Gibraltar
- Jebel Shams - "Sun Mountain", highest mountain in Oman
- Jebel Toubkal (Morocco)
- Jebel al-Mawta - "Mountain of the Dead" in Siwa Oasis
- Jebel ech Chambi
- Jbel Bouhalla - in Rif range of northern Morocco
- Jbel Saghro or Jbel Sarhro – the "Dry Mountain" (Morocco)
- Jbel Sirwa - in Anti-Atlas mountains of Morocco
- Jbel Toubkal - Morocco
- Djebel (1937-1958), race horse
- Jabalpur, a city in central India
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.