The 4th Century AD consists of the years 301-400.
- Official New Testament cannon established. The Book of Revelation is included over the protests of John Chrysostom
- Arianism develops in Egypt
- 313. Edict of Milan legalized Christianity in the Roman Empire
- 325. First Council of Nicaea formulated the original Nicene Creed. The creed was, in part, a response to Arianism.
- 381. The Second Ecumenical Council revised the Nicene Creed. The revised creed is known as the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed.
Births and Deaths
- 347. Birth of Jerome
|Biblical Timeline (By Centuries)|
|Before Christ (B.C.)|
|The Beginning |
40th BC | 39th BC | 38th BC | 37th BC | 36th BC | 35th BC | 34th BC | 33rd BC
32nd BC | 31st BC | 30th BC | 29th BC | 28th BC| 27th BC | 26th BC | 25th BC
24th BC| 23rd BC | 22nd BC| 21st BC | 20th BC | 19th BC | 18th BC | 17th BC
16th BC | 15th BC | 14th BC| 13th BC| 12th BC| 11th BC | 10th BC | 9th BC
8th BC| 7th BC| 6th BC| 5th BC| 4th BC| 3rd BC| 2nd BC| 1st BC
|Anno Domini (A.D.)|
|1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th |
16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | End times